Sunday, October 31, 2010

homesick

Sorry my blog. I hvnt updated you for ages (*lebay). I was pretty busy these weeks because I had 3 reports to be done and 1 perdisco finance.

Anw, if u asked me how I was last night, I would say that I was so damn bad. My mood was upside down. I was pretty upset last night. I suddenly got homesick, omg! It has been about 1 year and 1 month, I am staying in Perth. Why did I got it last night? To be honest, I was crying last night. :(( I miss my brothers, Yoga and Yudo; my mum; my dad; and my granny (*pho2). 

I may look strong outside, but I am so 'fragile' inside.:( I can cry quickly if I think bout my family. They are my no.1 in my heart. Noone can replace them.:) 

Actually, I have got used to live independently for 3 years when I was in senior high school. The story began like this, I went to Khuntien or known as Pontianak where is 3 hours journey from my hometown (my real hometown is where I grew up, went to school and had lots of fun w/ my best childhood fds); Singkawang. It was all for the better education. So, I live in the boarding house (*kos) for 3 years. Those 3 years were not easy fun years at all. I hv to be a strong, independent girl. I left home when I was 15 yo*If I am not mistaken*. I went to a new strange tough environment. The first week I was there, I got a terribly homesick. I cried everynight eventhough my parents called me everynight to make sure I was alright. I said that I am alright, dont worry. However, after the call, I would start crying. TT I was about to quit the school there when I just got to the 3rd orientation days because my best fd also quit the school and moved back to Singkawang.:( I was terribly sad...I got a problem to because I got punishment from one of the teacher as my skirt was too short (WTH!!). Suddenly, on that day when my fd moved back and I got punishment, I went home with the sad face, I saw my mum waiting in the boarding house. OMG! I was so shocked..I cant believe my eyes.
We went around Pontianak*Khuntien for 1 day.:) wt a lovely day it was!!

I am here now, in Perth, alone; no family with me, I live far far far (thousand miles) from my comfort zone with my lovely supportive family.:( sometimes I felt envy w/ my fds who have the family here. I want to be able to talk to my mum everyday after uni. Seeing my dad everyday, talking face-to-face w/ my two brothers and going out for the weekend together are the happies things in my life.:) 

I dont really like rainy night with the thunder storm and strong wind because I will feel homesick!!! those situations make me miss my mum, and my family. :(
I miss my brothers in term of 'talking' and 'sharing' our stories and experiences we just got.

When I am eating something tht I know that one of my family (my mum or dad or brothers) loves it so much. I will get the homesick feeling.:(

I miss my mum's cooking. I miss my dad's protection. I miss my brothers' laugh and fun-times together. I miss my granny's complaints about my bad habits.
I miss my house's smell. As I believe, every houses have their own smell. The smell depends on the owner and ppl who live there. 

I got the homesick feeling several times for 1 year. I tried not to show it out to everyone here. I want people know that I am a strong girl, I wont let my tears drop easily. I hv been growing to an adult; mature-wise-strong-girl.:)
I wont let my family down. Wt I hv promised, I will try to do and prove! :) 
all the best for me!!

CHEERS,

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment